Thursday, September 15, 2016

Sunshine and Lawn Chairs

This post is dedicated to my husband, who knows that sunshine and lawn chairs are important to me.

Curious?

Something about being in the sunshine lifts my mood and makes me feel like a day has not been wasted. So I try to spend some time every day in the sunshine--walking, sitting, reading, swinging, hiking, etc. In fact, if I do not spend this time in the sunshine (especially if I don't move around much in a day as well), I become a beast to live with.

My husband, being a smart guy, though not having much love of sunshine himself; decided to help me out. First step, we put a patch of grass in our back yard. Second step, he came home the other day and said he had a surprise for me. He made me hide while he set them up, then he covered my eyes and pulled me to the back yard (terrifying little journey). Before I could open my eyes he had me sit down (I don't have a picture of these lawn chairs, but they stand about 6 inches off the ground, if that much), so that was frightening. Upon opening my eyes,  I discovered that I was sitting on a comfy lawn chair that adjusts between sitting straight and laying down and is a pleasant blue color. Next to it was a matching chair, which means I can have a buddy in the sunshine too, and occasionally it might even be my awesome husband!

Now I have a nice chair to sit on, in the nice lawn we put in, in the fabulous sunshine, in the fresh fall air! I have been thoroughly enjoying it! Now when I come home from a walk with Chewy, we can go straight to the back yard and cool off in the nice breeze. I can read a book, and Chewy can squeak his toy, and we can both soak in that vitamin D (if dogs do that...)!

No comments:

Post a Comment