Tuesday, December 6, 2016

A Gentleman at Age 6

At school every day two of us call kids out one at a time to read with us in the hallway. Recently we got a new student which meant that we now only have 3 chairs for the hallway. Problem? Not really, I spend much of my time at school sitting on the floor, and so easily took the roll of floor-sitter. The kids all loved being able to sit on a chair and be taller than me for a few minutes that day; with the exception of one boy. He came out like all the rest and sat right down on that chair. Before I even handed him his reading folder he said, "Mrs. S, would you like to sit here?"
"No, that's alright, you can sit in the chair today."
Without another word, he got off the chair and came and sat on the floor by me. My heart melted. I am lucky to have met a six-year-old gentleman!

No comments:

Post a Comment